Please sign in to post.

Hotel Near Munich Airport

My wife & I will have a 22-hour flight layover in Munich. We would like to find a nice, reasonably-priced hotel nearby that is accessible to public transportation. Our plan would be to use our layover time to do a bit of exploring in Munich.

Any hotel recommendations would be truly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Posted by
4140 posts

There is a Hilton right at the terminal and the S1 or S8 train will take you to the center of town in about a half hour . Don't dismiss this based on price perception , the rates are very variable based on demand and time of year , month , and day .

Posted by
980 posts

Consider staying in and exploring nearby Freising or Erding as an alternative to staying at the airport and exploring Munich by S-Bahn. Several hotels that cater to airport travellers in both towns that will be more reasonably priced than the Hilton.

DJ

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you so much for the information. These look like good alternatives.

Posted by
19092 posts

Very good pick, Ken. The hotel is only about 75 yds (down the street) from the Moosach S-Bahn station, which is about 30 minutes from the airport and less than 20 minutes to Marienplatz. If the OP gets a Gesamtnetz Gruppen Tageskarte, for 24,30€, at the airport, it will cover any and all conveyances of the Munich metro (MVV) for up to 30 hours, from midnight (AM) to 6 AM the following morning. That could include from the airport to Moosach Bhf, then RT from Moosach to downtown Munich, and Moosach back to the airport. Hopefully, one day of the check-in period for the hotel, 3 PM to 11 AM, will cover their stopover in Munich. When does the layover begin and end?

The OP should be aware that the S-Bahn from Moosach to the airport splits at Neufahrn, with the front half of the train going to Freising and the back half going to the airport. Look for signs on the cars giving their final destination.

Posted by
16 posts

Good information, Lee. I just have to do a bit more research to see what will work best for us. Thank you.

Posted by
32747 posts

If you stay in Erding, you can also spend half a day at the worlds biggest spa and therme.

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you, everyone. We booked a hotel about a quarter mile from Marienplatz. Access via S-bahn & U-bahn should be a snap.

Posted by
33 posts

What hotel did you book? Curious as I'm looking for something close to the airport as well for September. Thanks!

Posted by
16 posts

We booked a room at Motel One Senderling Tor. It is not near the airport. It's about 0.5 miles from Marienplatz downtown. Price is reasonable & appears to be fine.