Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Munich

I will be arriving a day before my RS tour begins in Munich. Any recommendations for a nice, quiet reasonably priced hotel in central Munich?
Thanks!
Happy travels.

Posted by
1226 posts

You can't book a day ahead in the tour hotel? It would free up some time if you did not have to check in and out of a different place and then have your luggage to contend with in the interim. Always nice to have that extra time to play with.

Posted by
2025 posts

We had a fantastic stay at Pension Lindner and would absolutely stay there again. Very central to Marianplatz.

Posted by
1943 posts

I would also ask the hotel if you could check in a day early. However, another hotel is the Motel One chain. The one near Sendlinger Tor goes for 99euros/night.

Posted by
354 posts

We’re staying at Motel One Sandlinger Tor this summer based on multiple recommendations. It’s location & price are great.

Last year we stayed at King’s Hotel Centre, which was nicer than we needed, & a bit farther from Marienplatz, but if we hadn’t been able to get the Motel One I would have happily stayed there again.

Posted by
8443 posts

All of the beginning hotels we've dealt with on RS tours have set aside a number of rooms for early tour member arrivals. But its best to email them directly and ask availability (the sooner the better) letting them know you're on the tour. The booking sites may show them full but they might have rooms saved. They can give you a better rate, and let you have the same room you will have on the tour. Saves the trouble of relocating again one day after arriving, jetlagged.

Posted by
4637 posts

I stayed in hotel Deutsche Kaiser (next to Hauptbahnhof) and Atlanta (close to Marienplatz). I was satisfied with both. Atlanta with price and Deutsche Kaiser being more upscale. I also think you should stay in the same hotel the tour starts - if possible. I did it on all three tours which I did with R.S. You save a lot of time by not moving.

Posted by
11 posts

I've stayed at Hotel Bauer Bock and plan on staying again in October. They are centrally located with good service, clean, and good breakfast.