Please sign in to post.

Hilton Munich City or Hilton Munich Park?

Hello, all. I will be using points for an upcoming stay. Which of these two properties has easiest access to Marienplatz? We will be there a few days and have one day to enjoy Alstadt, English Gardens etc and the other days will be day trips to Eagles Nest, Dachau and Newschwanstein. Which of the two do you recommend? Or is there another Hilton property you would suggest? Thanks so much!

Posted by
980 posts

I'm a Hilton Honors points user too, unfortunately you don't get many good options for Hilton properties in Munich.

Hilton Munich City is your best bet. It is right on the S-Bahn trunk line (take the S8 from the airport directly there) so you have easy access to Marienplatz and both the main train station and the east train station. Hilton Munich Park is nice for the park access but it is not as easy to get to/from without some walking and/or a bus.

The other Hilton properties are further out of the city center in more industrial areas and cater more to business travelers.

Edit to add: Hilton Munich City is located in Haidhausen, which is full of cool shops and restaurants so spend some time exploring the neighborhood just north of the hotel.

Posted by
205 posts

Thank you both so much. I appreciate your insights. Munich City it is!

Posted by
73 posts

Both are fine. Personally, I think the park is a nicer location. The only down side for me is I usually like to take the U/S Bahn from the airport.. The Park location is a bit far from the nearest station, I believe the city location is near a S-Bahn station. The area I like to most is Arabella Park as I find it nice and peaceful, but near a station so I can easily access the sights and down town. But I know you are trying to use points.