Hello there! I have decided to save the Bavarian and Salzburg region for our second trip, hence have revised the itinerary as follows. Was initially thinking of car rentals but may just skip it and rely on trains & tours. Please let me know if it alright and any suggestions to make it better or changes needed- please let me know.
Revised Proposed Itinerary
Germany (13 nights)
Frankfurt- Wurzburg (4 nites)
• 9/6-Fly into Frankfurt arriving at 6.40a.m. -Train to Wurzburg . Base here for 4 nites .
• 10/6- explore Wurzburg, Marktbreit &Ochsenfurt (if possible)
• 11/6-Day trip to Bamberg ( by train)
• 12/6-Day trip to Nuremberg
• 13/6- Day trip to Rotenburg Ob Der Tauber
Stuttgart (7 nites)
• 14/6- Train from Wurzburg to Stuttgart. Spend time with family who lives here
• 15/6- Free & Easy- sightsee Stuttgart
• 16/6- Day trip to Tuebingen and Hohenzollern castle
• 17/6- Day trip to Heidelberg
• 18/6- Day trip to Baden- Baden
• 19/6-Day trip to Besigheim and Weldenbach ( ritter- choc)
• 20/6- Day trip to Esslingen or Ludswigburg
Frankfurt (1 nite)
• 21/6-train to Frankfurt. Sightsee city.
• 22/6- flight back home at 11.30am
Thanks so much!