Please sign in to post.

Germany hosting Euro Cup summer 2024

Hello fellow travelers,
For those of you planning a trip to Germany this summer, be aware that Germany is hosting the Euro Cup (soccer) from mid-June to mid-July. My family is attending some games, and accommodations are already heavily booked in the host cities. You can find the full schedule here:
https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0288-1999ab91ad50-899894098aed-1000/uefa_euro_2024_match_schedule.pdf

I have relied on RS forums so much over the years for trip planning, I hope this helps someone else be prepared!
Cheers,
Liesl

Posted by
14510 posts

Thanks for the timely information., ie exactly when I'll be there.

The one city that surprised me as a host city is Gelsenkirchen, was there one time only to transfer trains.

Posted by
6323 posts

That would be fun to attend! My grandson and son-in-law would love that.

Posted by
14510 posts

Gelsenkirchen isn't all that far from Dortmund either , home of my favourite, Borrussia Dortmund.

Posted by
5 posts

@mardee: Most of the tickets have been allocated via two separate lottery phases. However, there is a resale platform opening in March. Then in late June, after the group stage, additional tickets for the knockout stages (including quarter/semi/finals) will be sold as teams win or lose. The UEFA Euro Cup website has an FAQ on ticketing.

Posted by
1436 posts

Thank you very much. I may be in German at least once in June, and this schedule helps me in trip planning (i.e., where to avoid).

Posted by
14 posts

Yes, we had already booked a flight into Munich and were surprised that prices were stratospheric for June 14!