Please sign in to post.

Germany

Planning a trip to Germany. Flying into Munich with a two day stay. While there, with car visit Austria and down to the Garmin (southern part of Bavaria.) area.
Would like to then drive through Liechtenstein and over to the Alsace region of France or stay on the German side for 2 days and visit that area traveling up the Mosel spending another 2 days somewhere before heading back to Munich.
Just a nice big circle, to big to do in 8 days. I have left two days open for any suggestions. There are four of us traveling together with hopes of just sightseeing, wandering, hiking, biking, and of course eating!
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
G
Frankfurt/Munich airport which is best?

Posted by
2903 posts

Hi Gretchen,

Not sure about this. You really leave yourself no time for "sightseeing, wandering, hiking, biking, and of course eating". You have 8 days and way too much time will be spent sitting in the car. If you want to see the Mosel and Munich/Garmisch, fly into Frankfurt and out of Munich or vice versa.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the reply. Re thinking my travels.

Want to visit Alsace region and Bavaria. It is do able in 8 days flying in and out of Munich?
If so, any suggestions on how to make this happen? Like where to base myself in Bavaria and then in Alsace.

Posted by
16893 posts

Our favorite home base in Alsace is Colmar, or with a car, you could stay in a smaller wine-road village. (Basel/Mulhouse airport is close to that end of the trip, but dropping the car in a different country would add to the price.) Garmisch-Partenkirchen is a popular choice for drivers and also has easy train connections into Munich.