Please sign in to post.

Germany,Austria, Switzerland trip

Going this fall any tips from previous travelers? Favorite restaurant, stores, places to do laundry? We are going to Budapest after trip so definitely need laundry! So many countries to research, we have the guide book but I don’t know what we will see on tour. Thank you!

Posted by
8528 posts

Just to clarify, you are on the Rick Steves Germany-Austria-Switzerland Tour? Not everyone on these forums is on a tour or is familiar with them. Usually questions about a specific tour are in the "Rick Steves Tours" sub-forum.

When you have your first meeting, ask your tour leader about laundry and other questions and you'll have a good idea what to expect. And they can make recommendations for things to do. We had our hotel in Murren do laundry for us, as we were there for three nights and it was more certain they'd get it back to us on time. Not cheap, but convenient.

Posted by
13 posts

I am also on a Best of Germany Austria and Switzerland Tour this fall and would love to hear from previous travelers. BTW I did notice somewhere in my reading and youtube watching there is a laundromat in Murren

Posted by
6664 posts

Budapest is big. If you stay near the place we stayed... here's a laundry that we used... near New York Cafe and the Ibis Budapest City:

Mosoda
Budapest Dohány utca 37 1071