Please sign in to post.

gengenbach

I will be staying for 5 nights in Sept. I have reservations at the Hotel Hirsch. Any experiences here or any idea of how to access from the bahnhof? It seems to be .3 miles from the bahnhof.

Posted by
20977 posts

Take a look on google maps and aerial view. 0.3 miles = 1500 feet = 5 nominal city blocks.

Posted by
5697 posts

As I remember, the train stop was a few benches. And a small wooden building. Loved Gengenbach! (We had a car, but used the pass for local trains to Gutach and Freiburg.)

Posted by
19238 posts

Google Maps shows the walking distance to Gasthof Hirsch to be 0.2 miles or about 5 min.

You should be able to pull up the map of Gengenbach on Google Maps to see the directions. Basically, take Bahnhofstrasse out from the station to Leutkirchstr, turn right onto Leutkirchstr, go approx. 1/10th mile to intersection with Grabenstr, turn left onto Grabenstr, go approx. 1/10th mile on Grabenstr, Gasthof Hirsch in on the right, Grabenstr. 34. That's not the shortest route, but it has the fewest turns.

Note: the streets in front of the station, the one parallel to the tracks and the one perpendicular to the tracks are all called Bahnhofstraße. You want the Bahnhofstr. that goes away from, perpendicular, to the tracks. It dead ends at Leutkirchstr. in a little over 100 yards.