Please sign in to post.

Fussen hotels?

What Fussen hotels do ya'll like?

Thanks!

Posted by
65 posts

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus in Fussen. Perfectly adequate. Clean, A/C. Short 2-3 block walk to aldstadt.

Posted by
912 posts

Several years ago we had a great stay at Hotel Sonne. We did pay extra for a reserved parking spot in the hotel garage. They have multiple types of rooms to choose from, and I believe some of them have been recently renovated. Good descriptions of each are on their website.

Posted by
24 posts

I give a third vote for the Best Western. I was just there last month, and our stay was lovely! We asked for a quiet room, and we were given a room at the far back corner of the hotel. We didn't hear a peep. The location is good because you're near the Old Town but not surrounded by all the hubbub. After a long day of hiking to the castles, we were too tired to go beyond the hotel for dinner. Our meal there was fantastic! They had a seasonal chanterelle menu. I had the house made spätzle with Bavarian cheese, fried onions, and the special mushrooms. Delicious! It was definitely one of the best meals of the trip.

Posted by
505 posts

Another plug for Hotel Sonne. It was one of the best hotels we've stayed at on any of our European travels. Comfortable and charming rooms, a fantastic bar/restaurant downstairs, excellent breakfast, underground parking (that will test your nerve if you have a larger car)

Posted by
347 posts

One more for Hotel Sonne. Very comfortable, good breakfast, good location, easy to drive to. Wife and daughter liked the themed rooms Garage was under renovation when we stayed but there’s a public garage across the street.

Posted by
338 posts

Hotel Christine.

No second choice.

We stumbled into the property this summer via Booking.com, I think. As always, book directly when you can. The proprietor is a former Michelin star chef. The hotel is walkable to old town -- but out of the tourist bustle. You can see the castle from the deck off your room.

The service is impeccable, but not fussy. The grounds are LOVELY. I don't think I've seen or walked on finer lawn than the one that fronts the hotel. Best of all, he has a staff he adores and who adore him.

The breakfast at Hotel Christine will surpass anything you have on your trip - for a property at any level - that you'll ache to return after you leave there.

In short, it was THE BEST property we stayed at for the two months we were in Europe - for service, quality, location, and just general good vibes.