Please sign in to post.

Fruehlingsfest 2018 beer tent reservations

Looking for advice or reviews about which of the two beer tents to go to, Festhalle Bayernland or Hippodrom.
For a party of 2, should we get reservations?
Any other tips or advice?

Posted by
8889 posts

Details please, where, what when?
Where is this Fest, when is it taking place? Germany is a big country with hundreds of "Fests".

Posted by
32772 posts

From the two tent names, I'm guessing either in or mimicking Munich or at a horse racing course. Then again I may be wrong.

Posted by
20103 posts

Assume you mean the one in Munich with the two main beer tents. The Bayernland site:
https://www.festhalle-bayernland.de/index.php/volksfeste-bayern-festzelt-mass-bier-schoeniger/fruehlingsfest-muenchen-theresienwiese-wiesn.html

I don't even get reservations for Oktoberfest, I think I'd just chance it and go. Maybe it will be a nice day and you could opt for the outdoor beer garden. For Oktoberfest, you can only reserve a table of 8 with a minimum of a mass of beer and a half-chicken per person. I suspect reservations would be the same for this event.

Report back please and let us know how it went.

Posted by
8889 posts

Sam, except the OP says "Fruehlingsfest 2018". Frühling = Spring. So definitely NOT the Oktoberfest.

rcoyne64, can you please come back and explain what Fest you are asking about.

Posted by
20103 posts

I know Chris, the link I gave is the Fruelingsfest at the Theresienwiese in Munich in the spring of 2018, April 20 to May 6. Obviously not Oktoberfest, only 2 tents, not a dozen. But if you're in town while it is on, why not stop in? Maybe fewer drunk Aussies, always the life of the party.

Posted by
980 posts

Frühlingsfest in Munich doesn't get crowded the way Oktoberfest does so with two people you won't need a reservation. Just find two spots in ask if you can squeeze it in. The only reason to get a reservation is if you need a guaranteed full table for something like a work team building party.

Festhalle Bayernland is the more traditional of the two and similar to what you would expect from the Spaten or Paulaner tent at Oktoberfest. Hippodrom is the more trendy tent.

Don't forget to check out the classic car show that's on the south end of the fest grounds.

DJ