Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt airport layover

I’m looking for input regarding having a connection/layover at the Frankfurt airport. We will be arriving on a Lufthansa flight at the end of June at about 8pm/20:00 from a non-Schengen country (Romania) and connecting to another Lufthansa flight to a Schengen country (Portugal). How long does it take to go through immigration/passport control at about 8pm at FRA? Do I take the passenger tunnel to get from Gate B area to Gate A? And if so, is that a fairly quick walk or is it a long way? I will probably be getting Economy Flex tickets which supposedly include being able to use the priority lane at security, so this might help to allow us to get through the security at Gate A faster.

Posted by
4695 posts

Are your flights in terminal 1 or 2?

Posted by
247 posts

how long do you have?
the security at Frankfurt is fairly fast compared with other large airports but the airport is huge and there is lots of walking - even within the same terminal. you can check flight numbers to see what terminals they land at today - and also their on time performance. anything less than 2 hours and i would be a bit concerned at Frankfurt - because flights can get delayed - plus smaller flights often land on the strip and they take you by bus to the building - and then you walk and walk (and sometimes take a train) within the airport.

P.S. one time, Newark>Frankfurt>Croatia - the gates were right next to each other. one and only time. u can get lucky but don't count on it.