Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt airport

We land at terminal 1 from LAX and have 90 minutes to make the next Luftansa flight to Prague, also terminal 1. Will we make it?

Posted by
2232 posts

Likely.

Both flights on 1 ticket?
Boarding cards for next flight available at landing of first flight?
Same airline?
If not, can luggage be checked through?
Visa cleared?

Details.

Posted by
2740 posts

Have made much tighter on Lufthansa->Lufthansa, which I am assuming is what you are doing.
You will land, and if lucky you will be bused in from the tarmac rather than a gate. Why? Because bus entrance is really close to passport control entry (you are entering Schengen here). In any event, passport control is pretty quick, you will then be sent through security, again, very efficient, and on your way to the gate, which will not be fare from here as passport is between the A and B concourses. We have done this on 75 minutes with time to grab a snack.
And if there are issues Lufthansa will take care of you.

Posted by
19092 posts

I've only once transferred at FRA, and that was in Jan 2002. We arrived at T1-A and left from T1-B, using the tunnel between the A and B concourses. This was just a few months after 911, and, as I remember, we went the 3 security check points on the way. As I remember, we had less than an hour, and made it.

It shouldn't be so difficult for you. Looking at the arrival and departure schedules for FRA, there are two incoming Lufthansa flights from LAX, and they all "exit" from gate A1, which means that you actually arrive at a 'Z' gate, which are upstairs from the 'A' gates and are outside Schengen (Airside) gates, then go through passport control down to the A concourse, which is directly below the Z concourse. All of the Lufthansa flights to Prague look like they leave from the 'A' concourse. As I remember, once you go through passport control, you will be let out onto the A concourse, still inside security, and should be able to proceed directly to your Prague gate.