Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt AirBnB/Lodging November 2023

Hi,
I'll be in Frankfurt on Saturday and Sunday, November 11 and 12 (leaving the 13th). We're three fit, professional males in their 50's who enjoy history, museums, good food and wine, (beer gardens, too) but are there for an American football game that weekend. Arriving from Paris at noon Saturday via train. Looking for recommendations for a "nice, clean" place to stay - hotel, AirBnB, motel [but not a hostel]. We're leaving Monday morning, so we don't want or need the Ritz. We'll really just sleep and shower there before checking out Monday morning. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Posted by
8955 posts

Go for the Motel One near the Römer. You will be near to all of the museums along the river, as well as public transportation to the stadium where the game is going to be as well as to the airport. Lots of history to discover too, but depends on what kind. Let me know.

Posted by
3875 posts

I stayed at Motel One Römer a year or two ago. It was a great stay. The Motel One chain is a German chain geared toward business people who are looking for reasonably inexpensive lodging. Rooms are small but comfortable. Common areas are great -- lots of style and usually designed to bring out the city/community in which they are located. I have stayed at Motel One locations in Frankfurt, Bremen, Leipzig, Stuttgart, Berlin, Munich, and London. I've enjoyed all my stays with them.

Posted by
76 posts

I would suggest getting a RS guide and supporting the hand-selected people that provide accommodations. There are "$" (single dollar sign) places with descriptions. If you don't want to pay full price for a guidebook, get a used one online or at the library. Right now, ABnB is killing those smaller (precious) places.