Please sign in to post.

Finally Going !

Hi Y'all
My wife and I are planning a trip to Germany. I grew up in Germany from birth to 6th grade. My dad married a my mom who was a native of Pasing/Munchen after WWII. I have not returned to Germany since 1969! I'm sure much has changed. Haha!
I will focus my stay there, 2/3 weeks, in Munchen and somewhere near Russelsheim as my dad was stationed at Rhein-Main AFB and we lived in Konigstadten.
I covet any and all travel info and tips for these areas. I am sure we will be traveling by train. Maybe car rental at times. I will be booking Air BnB or the like. It has been so long since I have been there and obviously my parents are gone so I don't have any if much recollection of the areas. So tips on must visit sites is also much appreciated. Thanks for helping me re-live a dream!

Posted by
134 posts

PM sent. Let me know if I can help. Spent 13,years near Frankfurt.

Posted by
32772 posts

Ms Jo in Frankfurt https://community.ricksteves.com/users/12707 - a frequent and regular contributor here - knows a lot about the different US installations and pretty much all the towns and villages around Frankfurt. If you go to the Frankfurt on Foot channel on YouTube she makes a number of visits to former bases and is a real font of information. She has been there for something like 30 years or more.