Please sign in to post.

Fehmarnbelt tunnel: construction from 2021 to 2029

Enough time left to travel with the ferries between Puttgarden and Rødbyhavn. Done often in my life and I cannot get enough of it. Especially sunset and sunrise are pretty from the high-built ferries.

Text from German press article:

Construction of the new Fehmarn Belt Tunnel between Denmark and Germany is scheduled to start on the Danish side on 1 January 2021. This was agreed by a large majority of his country's political parties, announced the Danish Minister of Transport, Benny Engelbrecht.

• According to the ministry, the decision on the billion-euro project means that the Fehmarnbelt crossing is expected to be operational by mid 2029.
  • In the future, the route between Copenhagen and Hamburg is to be covered one hour faster by car, and up to two hours by train, Engelbrecht said.
  • At present, it takes four and a half to five hours by car, depending on the traffic situation, but it takes a similar amount of time by train in regular operation on the fastest connections.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://www.n-tv.de/der_tag/Baubeginn-fuer-Fehmarnbelt-Tunnel-steht-fest-article21737160.html

Posted by
2333 posts

Is that the new field of activity for the famous designers of Berlin Airport? Probably in 2029 they will hand out rubber rings to the travellers ...

Posted by
2233 posts

This comment disqualifies more yourself than the people doing the real work.

A comparable project in Norway (Rogfast) is planned as well for 8 years.

Detailed information on Fehmarn Belt tunnel you will find on project company website: https://femern.com/en

Posted by
2333 posts

This comment disqualifies more yourself than the people doing the real work.

You are probably too young to remember the angry reaction of that German trade union boss to Klaus Staeck's famous poster "Deutsche Arbeiter! The Social Democrats want to take away your villas in Ticino!" If you're not the current union boss, you certainly share his lack of sense of irony. ;)

Posted by
2233 posts

There is certainly a huge difference between your comment and an intelligent action by Klaus Staeck:
I suggest that you try out your "irony" eye-to-eye with the workers of the project who really do the hard work to reduce future travel times and connect nations. I can arrange a video conference so you can share your humor with them.