Please sign in to post.
Posted by
3958 posts

Doesn’t look good for our end of the month trip. My comfort meter took a turn for the worse with this news.

Posted by
30 posts

We have tickets for 8/28 - EWR-FRA...reading into the Digital Registration site , where you can pick your countries and it tells you what the requirements are- it looks like if you are vaccinated- that is still sufficient for Entry and to bypass quarantine and testing...if you're not vaccinated, a negative test is needed to enter , then quarantine, then test again after 5 days to exit quarantine-
This would suggest that the change mostly impacts non-vaccinated visitors.

They haven't updated it for the United States yet- but if you plug in other countries that have been on the High Risk list recently- you can see the rules-

https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/

Posted by
11333 posts

As I read it, it appears we have to register at their portal, proving our vaccination status, and in that case no quarantine is required, or to use their words:

Quarantine at home may be ended prematurely or does not have
to be started if proof of recovery, proof of vaccination or a negative test result is
submitted via the Federal Republic of Germany entry portal
https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de.

We fly, God-willing, to FRA in 10 days. Only planning to spend one night but may transit to CH immediately if possible.

Posted by
98 posts

When does anyone plan on filling out the passenger locator form? How close to your trip?

Posted by
11333 posts

ndlong, I tried to fill one out today and it was only allowing 5 days in advance. We fly the 23rd so I will try again mid-week.

Posted by
98 posts

Thanks so much for the info. Have a great trip. We are due to leave Sept.5th so I have alot of time.

Posted by
1295 posts

With the overall average now over 35/100000, I understand one of the 3G will be required from 23 August for dinning in, cinema, gym etc.

Posted by
293 posts

With the overall average now over 35/100000, I understand one of the
3G will be required from 23 August for dinning in, cinema, gym etc.

Things are now different by Bundesland.

In Baden-Württemberg, we have since Monday new rules, where 3G-reguations (Getestet, Geimpft, Genesen, for those who do not know German: either evidence of same-day test, evidence of full immunisation, or evidence of recovery from illness) are in force for many activities, including eating inside in Restaurants and events in closed rooms like concerts or films or museums. This is now true regardless of incidence rate for the entire Bundesland.

Posted by
2 posts

What are folks thoughts about the Christmas markets being held this year - will these restrictions tighten? Is there discussion about canceling them again this year?

Posted by
1295 posts

Thoughts would be speculation only. The last summer school vacation period ends mid-September (Bayern). Concern is returning vacationers will increase COVID infections/incidents. Our local Fall Fest was canceled about three weeks ago. Locally there was talk of maybe yes for a Weihnactsmarkt just a week ago, but we now have the 3G requirement and increased COVID incidents since then. Follow German news and keep an eye on the RKI Dashboard.

Posted by
32788 posts

but we now have the 3G requirement

that's a new one on me. What does it mean?

Posted by
11333 posts

Nigel, Azra defined it above

...where 3G-reguations (Getestet, Geimpft, Genesen, for those who do not know German: either evidence of same-day test, evidence of full immunisation, or evidence of recovery from illness)...