Please sign in to post.

Dresden hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Motel One Dresden am Zwinger? If so what did you think about the location and hotel? I need a room with a queen size bed or so, air conditioning, no smoking , elevator and private bathroom . Has anyone stayed at the Ibis Budget Dresden City? Any suggestions for that area? Thanks

Posted by
4639 posts

I stayed at the Motel One and loved the sightseeing convenience of the location. I recall it is a 2 or 3 minute walk across the road to the transit stop to get to the main train station.

And it's a 3 minute walk to the Zwinger Palace. The Dresden Ferris Wheel is adjacent to the hotel. From the top of the ride you can see down into the Zwinger Palace courtyard.

I was there in early October and didn't need air conditioning, so I can't comment on that. Breakfast is a buffet in the lounge area, with plenty of seating during my visit. The staff at every Motel One I've stayed at have always been friendly.

I had a queen type room. I don't recall that they offer any other configuration.

Elevator: yes, usually the Motel One properties have at least 2

Smoking: not permitted anywhere inside the hotel

Also: handy bedside electric outlets, European of course

Posted by
20145 posts

The Motel One am Zwinger and the Ibis Budget Dresden City are almost across the street from each other, diagonally 100 yards, so no difference in the neighborhood.

Posted by
32212 posts

scot,

I stayed at the Intercity Hotel which is right across from the main rail station, and I'd certainly recommend it - https://hrewards.com/de/intercityhotel-dresden . There's also a tram station right in front of the hotel and easy walking distance to a large pedestrian area and lots of restaurants and shops.

Posted by
143 posts

The Zwinger is under renovation. The view of the courtyard will be heavy construction equipment. It was there in December and the December before that. I was disappointed the R.S. Guide book did not have an update about. You can go in the museums but there are no gardens.

Posted by
192 posts

The Motel One did not have ac per Booking.com and the ibis had low comfort ratings so we went with Amedia by Wyndham. Thanks for your advice

Posted by
99 posts

Motel One in Dresden am Zwinger does have air conditioning. Every Motel One has air. I even went back to Booking.com and it is right in the description. The Ibis is an OK hotel but unlike the Motel One doesn't come close to a large lounge and bar area. The Ibis is a short walk from the main train station.

Posted by
20145 posts

The Ibis is a short walk from the main train station.

That is the Ibis Dresden Zentrum. The Ibis Budget City is by the Motel One near the Zwinger.