Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Munich

I'll be staying in Munich for 4 nights and want to see Ludwig's castles, Fussen, Tegelberg Gondola and Mary's bridge....these all obviously couldn't be done in a day. Would it make more sense to do 2 nights in Munich and 2 nights in Fussen? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Posted by
12040 posts

What else do you want to do in Munich? And what time of year?

Posted by
19099 posts

If you come out to Füssen in the morning, you should be able to do half of your objectives and do the other half before leaving for Munich the next afternoon.

Posted by
10 posts

Really just explore the city and as much of Bavaria as we can, we're pretty flexible. We'll be there beginning of August.

Posted by
987 posts

It depends a little but on where you are coming from and going to after the 4 days, but if it works I would go with the suggestion for one night in Fussen. Then you still have three nights for Munich, or two whole days. Ludwig's castles and Mary's bridge took a long half day for me. I enjoyed walking around Fussen for an evening, but I would give more time to Munich.

Posted by
93 posts

I am also going to be in Munch 8/14-19, looking at days trips and planning right (last minute trip) now, so I will be watching to see what ideas are suggested. I did read when looking at Neuschwanstein that Mary's bridge will be closed from the beginning of August for repairs. I am travelling with 2 teens and also looking at Garm-P and Zugspitz for one night but not sure if it is easier to just stay in Munich and use Bayern day pass or stay overnight.