Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Frankfurt

Hello, I’ll be in Frankfurt with friends for the Patriots - Colts game November 12th. We get to Frankfurt the morning of the 9th. We’re staying in Frankfurt the whole time but have the 9th - 11th free for touring. Any recommendations for day trips? Thanks!

Posted by
331 posts

Have you been to Frankfurt before? If not, my recommendations are:
Frankfurt on Foot walking tour. https://frankfurtonfoot.com/home I had always landed in Frankfurt and left by car or attended the auto show there and left. Taking the walking tour was very interesting. Our guide was an American and very knowledgeable and open to answering questions.
A day trip to Heidelberg. A quaint little town with a castle ruin.
A river cruise day tour on the river Rhein.

Enjoy your time there.
John

Posted by
541 posts

Mainz is close and a really nice town to explore. Easily reachable by train from Frankfurt.

Posted by
19092 posts

From Frankfurt, your only about 1½ hrs by train from the middle Rhein gorge (Bacharach, St Goar, Boppard). I'd spend some time there.

Posted by
332 posts

Not sure of your mode of transportation, but here are some of our favorite places near Frankfurt:
Wiesbaden
Rüdesheim am Rhein
Bacharach
Worms
Heidelberg
Miltenberg
Michelstadt
Würzburg
Bad Kissingen is a bit of a hike, but they have an awesome spa we loved

Posted by
8943 posts

My favorite towns that are near Frankfurt are Limburg, Marburg, Büdingen, Gelnhausen, Kronberg, Mainz, and Idstein.
Near Frankfurt is also the reconstructed Roman fort, the Saalburg as well as Hessen Park Open Air museum.