Please sign in to post.

D-Ticket subscription 2024

Does Germany have the D-Ticket for 49 Euro this year?

Posted by
8383 posts

Sam is absolutely right. The MVV app is the way to go. Just remember to save the email confirmation you receive as it also has the link for canceling on it..

Posted by
33 posts

Just remember to cancel the D-ticket by the 10th of the month you want it to to end. Sometimes this means canceling even before you use it the first time (in the case of only wanting it for a month). If you cancel after the 10th, you are automatically charged for another month subscription.

We've used it twice and both times canceling was easy with the provided email.

Posted by
10225 posts

Another recommendation to use the MVV app. It was easy to use and to cancel.

Posted by
1 posts

I was able to create an account on the MVV App and sign up with my US based credit card without any hassle. I am waiting on the right calendar window to purchase my D-Ticket which will be in about a month. We're going in May. I did find it a bit confusing about exactly where to buy the D-ticket in the app. After registering I actually had to exit and sign back in to access the correct spot in the app to purchase the ticket. Looking forward to this adventure.

Posted by
2333 posts

I did find it a bit confusing about exactly where to buy the D-ticket in the app.

This is indeed a bit confusing and I have long wondered why the MVV app is so popular on this forum. There are simpler solutions, such as the Mainz public transport app ("Mainzer Mobilität"). Incidentally, this app was originally the recommendation of the man in seat 61, which he only withdrew because the first version did not accept the alphanumeric British zip code.

Posted by
8383 posts

I downloaded the app, opened my account, but actually purchased the D-ticket online with my MVV account. I think that may be the easier way to do it.