Please sign in to post.

Connecting flights in Frankfurt Sept 1, 2024

I am arriving on TAP 570 on 1/9/24 from Lisbon to Frankfurt at 12:40. The connection is TAP 7950 which is a code share with Lufthansa. The flight departs at 13:45– from Frankfurt to Athens…so we have only 1 hour to deplane and be on the next flight.

Air Portugal insists 45 min is enough time but k heard that they deplane on the tarmac and take a bus. My husband needs wheelchair so how can we make that flight? Air Portugal just said if we miss it then Lufthansa Sandra Sommers will get us the next flight. How does that make sense since we actually booked the ticket Miami to Athens. Any advice? This seems like a very stressful connection.

Posted by
16018 posts

Let me see if I have this...You are flying Miami to Lisbon to Frankfurt to Athens. Is that right?

Why?

If this is all on one ticket then if you miss one leg due to no fault of your own, then the airline has to get you on the next available flight.

The flight from Lisbon to Frankfurt is actually a Lufthansa flight but Air Portugal can sell tickets on it. I'm guessing the flight from Frankfurt to Athens is also Lufthansa. So, Lufthansa is responsible for getting you there.

Posted by
3 posts

“Why?” Good question. I think when I booked it last December there was a $2000 difference in business
Class. if I had less layovers. I just didn’t realize we had only one hour in Frankfurt to get on the flight to Athens.

Is that even possible? When I called Air Portugal to ask to fly Miami-Lisbon-Madrid-Athens instead (layovers were min 2 hours) they said They would NOT change since 45 min is all we need. I paid $2200 pp and now it’s $4000+ …and we can’t pay that extra to do it ourselves. Fingers crossed — and thank you for prompt reply!

Posted by
16018 posts

Since the plane stops in Lisbon, you will go through Schengen immigration there. In Frankfurt, all you have to do is go to the next gate.

If you have checked luggage, it should be automatically transferred to your next flight.

Posted by
20937 posts

If you miss your flight, the next Lufthansa flight to Athens is at 6:55 pm, and will get you to Athens at 10:35 pm. I hope that will be OK with that.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you ALL for your replies. Yes, we arrive in Athens two days before our cruise so we do have 36 hours if we have to take the “next” flight. It’s just hard to understand why they Putin a connection with less than an hour transfer time. But it beats waiting for the later flight if we don’t have to.