Please sign in to post.

Condor airlines

I bought tickets for myself, my husband and our two daughters from BWI to Frankfurt on Condor airlines. I bought the tickets through Google Flights. Can I upgrade our tickets to premium economy? If so, do I contact Condor or Google Flights? My concern is making sure we are seated with our kids.
Thank you!

Posted by
20072 posts

A trial booking with Google Flights brings up these messages.

After you book
Google will securely pass your traveler and payment details to the airline or online travel agency.
Once your booking has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation email from the airline or online travel agency.

Change or cancel your reservation
If you’d like to change or cancel your reservation, contact the airline or online travel agency directly.

Posted by
2622 posts

I love Condor and fly them often but their website is a clunky mess. I can't comment on how much access you'll have since you bought your flights elsewhere - common advice here is to buy directly from the airline and I never buy from a third party so have no experience.

But when I buy from Condor, I've always bought the class I wanted to sit in. I've never seen an upgrade offer to the next class on any reservation with them. It's hard to do anything on their site once I've booked my ticket. For example, to add my Alaska frequent flier number took a phone call and an email. To add my Global Entry to my reservation took an email. There's no way to do it on the website.

So can you upgrade your seats? Give it a try. My Condor confirmations are always 7 numbers, then a dash, then 2 more numbers. Do you have a Condor confirmation code? You can try calling - they have English-speaking customer service agents.

Posted by
16224 posts

As I understand it, you actually booked with Condor. Google Flights does not act as an agent in booking. So you should be able to just call Condor and deal with them directly.

Posted by
2208 posts

Just as info: Condor Airlines is likely to be sold soon. Offering closing for potential buyers is May 7. Source: Reuters

In case of a corporate transaction it is possible that flights are cancelled or fllight times and / or flight operators will change on short-term notice. As the company is an air charter and not an airline operator this is fully compliant.