Please sign in to post.

Condor A330 details, anyone?

Hello! so i'm flying Seattle-Frankfurt October 2, on Condor. I know Condor is very popular with many for that route. But I don't personally know any of these 'many.' :) My few questions:
I did get the Premium seating.
1. Are there USB plugs at the seats? (i.e., so I can plug in my phone to charge in flight).
2. Are there seat-back screens with movies?
3. How do I add my TSAPrecheck andor Alaska Air number to my ticket?
4. What do YOU use for a carry-on bag? (wondering about the 66 linear inches!)
5. The app is maddening- each time I log in, I have to import my 'trip,' it claims the trip is added....but the next time I login, it's not there. I called their customer service line and they basically told me not to worry, my flight was good, but they couldn't help me wtih the app (there's no tech assist number!).
I would love to hear any and all stories!

Posted by
2320 posts

I flew SEA to FRA in June on the new Condor a330neo in economy. We did pay to get the XL (xtra legroom) seats at the emergency exits, and it was worth it.

The neo plane has power at each seat (usb and plug). The seat back screens are large and there are a variety of movies and tv shows. They say you can use your own Bluetooth headphones, but lots of people couldn’t connect. I would bring wired headphones just in case. In economy, they sold them for 5€.

I recommend using the full website vs the app to add mileage and TSAprecheck info. I think it is less glitchy.

Count on them weighing and measuring your bag. My sister and her husband checked in at SEA and their bags were all weighed and measured. We checked in at a small airport and our bags were not. But we did have to have our boarding pass stamped at SEA and they did a visual check of our bags (backpacks). I used this backpack as my carryon: https://a.co/d/a4wCw6A

I also checked a bag.

The flight was fine: on time, no turbulence, no lost luggage. Food was bad: Mac n cheese for dinner and a cold croissant with several pieces of cheese for breakfast. Not sure if it’s different in premium, but I would bring food.

We flew with my sister and her husband who also paid for the XL seats. On the return flight, their seats had been changed to farther back (no extra legroom). This was due to an aircraft change. No staff would help (at check in or on board), they just told us to get a refund. Customer service blew them off, so my sister had to dispute the charge with her credit card.

Posted by
2320 posts

I would delete the app, re-install it and log in again, then add your booking.

Posted by
11180 posts

Economy Class: a generous sense of space

With a seat pitch of 76 cm ( 29.9 inches) , the Economy Class creates a generous sense of space. This is supported by hand luggage compartments that are 66 percent larger, 4-way adjustable headrests and 8.5° tilting backrests. In addition to a USB A/C connection and socket for each seat, there is also a separate holder for mobile devices. You can listen to the latest generation of Inflight Entertainment on either our on-board headphones or your own wireless headphones via the Bluetooth function and watch it on your 13.3'' in-seat 4K monitor.
https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/condor-partner/our-fleet/airbus-a330neo/a330neo-cabin-design.jsp

I would not call less than 30 inch pitch 'a generous sense of space'. good thing you got the upgraded coach seat

PS-- seatguru is defunct... does not show the a330 plane for condor

Posted by
330 posts

Hello Heidi, I’ll be joining the “many” taking that flight out of SEA in Premium Economy in 10 days. I’d be happy to report back on this thread about my check in/carry-on experience. And yes, the app is a bit wonky.

This will be our first flight on Condor. Both my husband and I will be using a tried and true 21.5” TravelPro Maxlite that meets the measurement maximums almost exactly. On other international flights (Delta, KLM, Lufthansa and Icelandair) we’ve carried them on without any issues or even a second glance from the gate agents. So, fingers crossed. I’m still pondering my personal item, probably a medium sized Baggalini tote.

Where are you seeing 66” linear inches? I’m getting different measurements than that from the Condor website. For Premium Economy, the small bag/personal item max size is 40 x 30 x 10 cm (roughly 15.8 x 11.8 x 3.9 inches) and hand baggage (carry-on) is 55 x 40 x 20 cm (21.7 x 15.8 x 7.9 inches) with a maximum total weight of 10 kg (22.5 lbs). https://www.condor.com/us/flight-preparation/baggage-and-animals/carry-on.jsp

That class also permits one checked bag max weight 32 kg (70.5 lbs)
https://www.condor.com/us/flight-preparation/baggage-and-animals/free-baggage-allowance.jsp

Posted by
450 posts

Did this route one way once in 2016. With a dog (checked), cat (carry on), two carry ons with pretty much every important thing we owned and didn't trust to ship / check (think paperwork, laptops, jewelry), and two checked bags each. It was totally easy and we had seatback movies and I am assuming USB plugs, though I don't recall for sure and always travel with a power bank. Our animals also did great.

Probably not helpful as the report is so old, but there you have it.

Posted by
1368 posts

You can add your Alaska frequent flyer number online at check-in. We forgot to add the pre check number when making our reservations but the ticket agent added it for us at the counter. Just have your precheck,, global entry or nexus card with you.

Posted by
330 posts

Hello again Heidi!
Our Condor flight SEA - FRA leaves in just over an hour. We checked in online. At the gate, we got our boarding passes and had our passports checked AND had our bags weighed (they passed, phew!).

Our bags were not measured for size, although they would have passed the size check. The man in line before us was just over his 8 kg bag limit. After a good 5 minutes of arguing with the gate agent his bag was gate checked.

Even after deleting and reinstalling the app, neither my husband (android) nor I (iPhone) could get the app to work properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jen

Posted by
330 posts

Joe, we were in Premium Economy which gave us 10kg total weight carry on as well as some extra leg room with a foot rest. Two meals were included - a decent dinner and a meh continental breakfast.

They appeared to be weighing everyone’s carry on bags, regardless of class, but not “sizing” every bag.

Posted by
8 posts

I'm taking Condor for the first time in 10 days, so don't have a lot to add. However, I also have Alaska Air mileage plan and couldn't see where to add it. You can call 1-866-960-7915 to add your Alaska mileage plan # (or add during check in).