Please sign in to post.

Christmas Markets 2024-Nuremberg and Bamberg

Thinking about booking a Christmas Market River Cruise for 2024, does anyone know when the Christmas markets open in Nuremberg and Bamberg?
Thank you!

Posted by
936 posts

Most of the market cruises book up over a year out - so you may be out of luck to get the exact cruise and cabin category you want. I'd look on the official city website. They typically start around ADVENT.

Posted by
14 posts

Although I love Bamberg for beer, we didn’t find the Christmas market there too interesting (at least in 2022).

It’s definitely a place worth visiting, just be aware that the Christmas markets may not be that satisfying (esp. compared to Nürnberg).

Posted by
173 posts

Thanks for the information everyone, very helpful.

Bamberg is a typical cute Bavarian town. The Weihnachtsmarkt is very good. Whoever says it's nothing special probably doesn't like christmas markets. I've made 5 christmas markets trips to Germany. Germany has a couple thousand markets. I prefer the smaller ones. And I've spent all my time in Bavaria or adjacent states. The market in Annaberg-Buchholz is special. This years trip we made it to Augsburg, Bamberg, Regensburg, Passau, Salzburg, and Oberndorf (Stille Nacht-Silent Night) Austrian town.