Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Berlin

Would love recommendations for restaurants as well as restaurants for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and walking tours, thanks! Irene

Posted by
2244 posts

I do not want to leave a Berlin question with no answer.

Info: Germans celebrate Christmas at Christmas Eve. From mid of Dec 23. to Dec 26 included shops will be closed. Some sights will be closed or operate with limited opening times. Public transport will operate in Sunday mode (less frequent).

My best restaurant recommendation for Christmas Eve closed this year.
Tips for restaurants on Christmas days: https://www.visitberlin.de/en/restaurants-christmas-season
Further tips for Christmas in Berlin: https://www.berlin.de/en/events/christmas/

Often recommended are walks by Insider Tours. Tested them by myselves - was good. Ask for tours with guides who live here for a long time.

Posted by
2335 posts

Is this part of a many nights visit to Berlin?
Here’s where I like to go in no particular order - all casual

The Bird , Am Falkplatz 5 - I go for the burgers and homemade fries

Rogacki Deli , Wilmersdorfer Strasse 145 - stand-up eating Deli and Seafood - I go for the grilled Salmon on vegetables

KaDeWe Department Store , Tauentzienstrasse - 6th Floor food floor - literally everything imaginable - I mostly go for lunch for the Hering im Brotchen (someone can correct my Deutsche) and then spend a bunch of money on chocolate afterwards. There is also the 7th floor self-service restaurant - very open, lots of windows with natural light pouring in

Schwarzes Cafe , Kantstrasse 148 (close to Savignyplatz) - I mostly go for the Bauernfrühstück and a Bloody Mary but sometimes I have the Wiener Schnitzel . NOTE: I think they are still CASH only.

Dicke Wirtin , Carmer Strasse 9 (close to Savignyplatz) - I always have the Königsberger Klopse mit Rote Bete und Salzkartoffeln and a couple of Bitburger.

Hefner Bar , Savignyplatz - my go to bar when in Berlin - I’m strictly a Gin person so it’s just Martinis and Gin & Tonics for me, but they'll make you your cocktail of choice.

Asia Gourmet , Berlin Hauptbahnhof - yeah, it’s a chain - I go for the steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables.

EINSTEIN , Unter den Linden - if I'm in that area, I usually stop here for a coffee and a treat.

Sapori Italiano , GALERIA Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 231 - This restaurant used to be in Galeria Kaufhof but moved to Ku'damm. I liked the food, Minestrone Soup and the Carbonara, they had great daily specials. Have not been to the restaurant since they relocated.

Posted by
2244 posts

Time to introduce periscope into the food scene of the Eastern city part?