Please sign in to post.

Car rental company

Hi All,

We are looking at hiring a car and driving from Munich to Halstatt, Innsbruck and Fussen before heading back to Munich Train station, anyone know of unlimited kms that will allow us to drive into Austria, had a look at a few and some either don't allow or give you only 250kms a day which won't be enough?

Thanks in advance

Kindest regards

Steve

Posted by
193 posts

I've rented from Europcar three times in Munich, from three different offices including once near the Hauptbahnhof. Each time I had unlimited kilometers, and all three times I returned the car in a different city.

Note that you will need to purchase a vignette to drive the highways in Austria. They can be picked up near the entry points into Austria, for varying numbers of days. They're inexpensive, at least when compared to highway tolls in some countries.

Posted by
20 posts

Hi ottawanderer

I am looking at them at present but they are saying I can drive to Italy but not Austria, I have currently asked about getting permission to do so but at this point have not heard back.

Thank you for the heads up about the vignette too, greatly appreciated.

Posted by
980 posts

Try Sixt. They are my go to rental company in Germany. They have a location near Ostbahnhof that would be more convenient if you are driving to Austria first (plus no airport or Hauptbahnhof surcharge).

DJ