Please sign in to post.

best way to get tickets for Oberammergau Passion Play in 2020?

HI all,
we are looking to get tickets for the passion play in Oberammergau in 2020. Does anyone know of a reputable website that we can purchase tickets for the play? I have found a website, and it appears to be reputable; but wanted to get any guidance regarding tickets.
Thanks!

Posted by
8942 posts

I signed up for the official website and when tickets go on sale, we will know right away and can have our choice of the different packages and dates.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for the replies. I also just signed up for the newsletter from this site - https://www.passionsspiele-oberammergau.de/en/home - I'm assuming this is the 'official site'?
One other question to the forum - it seems like you can purchase just tickets to the play, or a package that includes 2 or 3 day accomodations plus tickets. Does anyone have experience with either of these options? Seems like it might make things easier by staying overnight, but didn't know if those accomodation packages might be over-priced.

Posted by
544 posts

Already booked our hotel and tickets for a May, 2020 performance.
I used their official website listed above in previous posts and booked the 2 night hotel and tickets package deal.
Review the downloadable documents regarding choices of hotels and package deals and the different costs.
Not cheap, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Had to wire a €250 deposit to them ( and pay the wire fees), with final payment due in early 2020.

Appears to be reputable. Or at least I hope it's reputable.

Posted by
544 posts

I emailed the hotels on the list to ask for rates and availability, to see if I could book on my own (and just buy play tickets later) and the hotels said they only book their rooms via the official website during those times, with the package deals.

Posted by
8942 posts

You can always check the prices for these same hotels for other times to see if they are over-priced or not. That said, I don't think there are many options for this time period. The prices are what they are. It is like asking if hotels in Munich are over-priced during Oktoberfest. Yes, probably, but that is just how it is.

Every hotel will be taking part and wanting to fill their rooms accordingly. This is not something I would worry about. Find a hotel that you like and book the package deal. You can look at all of the hotels or B&B's, and pick the one you like. The star ratings are what is controlling the price.

This is a huge event and everything around it is very well planned. I don't think you have to worry about the official websites being reputable.

Posted by
1 posts

We got ours through one of the hotels in Oberammergau. They had a package with 2 nights lodging and our tickets to the show.

Posted by
1 posts

Same here! Did you find a website or hotel where you can purchase tickets for the play? If so, which one(s)?
Thank you,

Karen