Please sign in to post.

Berlin welcome card

I would appreciate any feedback on the Berlin welcome card. We will be in Berlin for 5 days, no car. We want to see as many sights as we can without wearing ourselves out. The card looks to be a good value. Is it easy to use? Are the discounts real? I don’t want a gimmick but I would appreciate anything that makes traveling about easier. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
419 posts

I bought the Welcome Card once, both for the options to see the sights and for the included transit. I think I saw one sight included on the card. My next trips, I just bought a 7-Tage-Karte that covered all transit in zones A-C and skipped the pass.

You'll have to see what the pass covers and what you want to see to know if it's worthwhile. Keep in mind that Berlin is very spread out, so while public transit is easy to use and goes everwhere, it can take a while to go across the city. In other words, it would be easy to wear yourself out trying to get your money's worth out of the Welcome Card. But only you can decide if there are 'must sees' that they cover, and if you would be able to see them all in the time you have.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you Kayla. I did search the forum for info but much of it was dated so I thought I would ask for recent info.