Please sign in to post.

Berlin walking tours

Does anyone have a preference for either of these walking tour companies in Berlin? Insider Tours or Berlin Walks? They have similar itineraries so I wasn't sure if there is a reason to pick one over the other.

Posted by
1943 posts

Many people have picked Berlin Walks and liked it I am taking a couple of tours next year with them.

Caveat-I haven't taken a tour yet but they were very helpful when planning and my trip in 2020 that was canceled.

Posted by
7026 posts

I took two of the Berlin Walks - one was an overview of the city which was a very good general orientation. The other one was a walking tour of Potsdam - that one was a lot of walking so stamina required, but it was probably the best walking tour I've ever taken anywhere. We took the train to Potsdam and walked all through the town including all the highlights. The tour ended at the grounds of the San Souci Palace (inside visit not included) so those who wanted to could tour the palace on their own. Both of the guides we had were excellent, enthusiastic, and very knowledgeable.

Posted by
7026 posts

Suki, the tour ended when we got to San Souci. At that point we could follow the guide back to the train or explore the palace and grounds on our own for as long as desired before heading back to Berlin.

Posted by
1943 posts

When I asked about going to Sanssouci Palace after the Potsdam walk, the Berlin Walks people said I could drop out a few minutes early and go. So I think you can definitely see it at the end.

Posted by
8942 posts

I am an "Insider Tour" fan. Have been on 5 of their tours over the years, including the one that goes to Potsdam and one that goes to Sachsenhausen. They have all been very good and I am a pretty critical person when it comes to rating walking tours. :-)
In Potsdam, we did not go into Sans Soucci. That is an extra cost.

Posted by
6500 posts

I took the basic Berlin Walks tour (Hackescher Markt to Checkpoint Charlie) last year and liked it a lot. But no experience with the other company.