Please sign in to post.

Berlin to Amsterdam

Is it better to take a plane or a train from Berlin to Amsterdam? Leaning toward plane. Anyone able to recommend domestic airlines? How long is the flight? Thanks!

Posted by
4637 posts

Train takes six and half hours and if you buy ticket ahead it would be 39 euro.
Plane takes one and half hour plus two hours you have to be at the airport plus at least half an hour to get to the airport plus at least half an hour to get from the airport so all together four and half to five hours to fly. The cheapest ticket advertised - 61 dollars. If not in a hurry I would probably take a train. More comfortable, slightly cheaper and I could see the countryside.

Posted by
28 posts

I had the same question as you. I did my research, and decided that, as a family of 5, we would take the train. Even though the trip is 6.5 hours, we don't have to rush through an unknown airport and security, plus manage our luggage (and stress). I was able to get tickets for the entire family for 117 euros with no stops. Well worth it, especially as we don't have any plans to see the northern part of Germany in this trip. Safe journey.

(I looked at flights, and for the family, it was going to be well over $300 for a direct flight, and slightly less but 5.5 hours for a stopover in Stuttgart).