Please sign in to post.

Berlin Museum Pass

Looking for someone with experience with the Museum Pass

I will be getting the 3 day Berlin Museum Pass on a trip there the first week of March. In reviewing RS Berlin, the Berlin Museum Pass Website, and the website of the German History Museum, am I right in concluding that the history museum is not covered? One of those things where nothing says it does, but surprised that it is not.

While on the topic, any of the lesser known museums covered by the pass that you found to be more interesting or amazing than you might have thought?

Posted by
14509 posts

Hi,

I can't help you on whether the Ger Hist. Museum (DHM) located on Unter den Linden is covered by the Pass since I never used it. But assuming you're in to History, another museum I would suggest dealing with some the history covered at the DHM is the Museum in Berlin-Karlshorst on German-Russian relations, esp the war on the Eastern Front. The Museum site was where the Germans surrendered to the Soviets in 1945. Take S-Bahn 3 from Berlin Hbf going east, get off at Karlshorst, the signs there direct one to the museum, also don't know if Karlshorst is covered under the Pass.

Posted by
4684 posts

The German Historical Museum is not covered by the Berlin Museum Pass, but is the only really major museum that isn't. The pass covers museums that are operated by the city council, and some of the private and charitable ones, while the Historical Museum is, I believe, run by the national government.

Posted by
7034 posts

Unfortunately the German Russian museum that Fred mentioned is not included in the pass either.

Not a lesser known museum, but one I'd not heard much about is the Bode Museum. I only went there because I had the pass and I really enjoyed it. They have an extensive collection of Byzantine art and objects and the building itself is spectacular, worth going to in my opinion.

Posted by
7558 posts

Thanks to all for confirming that the history museum is not covered.