Please sign in to post.

Berlin Hotel Recommendations

Hello
Will be in Berlin in early June and am looking for hotel reservation , centrally located. Thank you,

Posted by
6308 posts

Keep in mind that there is no real "central" location in Berlin - sights are spread out all over the city. There are hotels near Berlin Hauptbaunhof like Motel One - reasonably priced and only a block from the train station, which makes it easy to get to many different places via public transportation. Or there are hotels in or near Hackescher Markt, which is near Museum Island and Lindenstraße.

It would help to know what sights you are especially interested in and especially, what your budget is.

Posted by
2319 posts

As @ Mardee has posted "there is no real "central" location in Berlin." I prefer staying in the Savignyplatz area - good hotel and pension options, lots of restaurant options, lots of shopping options, and close to bus stops, U-bahn stops, and S-bahn stops to easily get you to all the history and wonder that Belin has to offer.

Posted by
8942 posts

I like the Motel One chain and they have several locations in Berlin. Personally, I like the one near the main train station, but have also stayed at the one in Bellevue. There are more locations though, so perhaps one of them is near to the sites you want to see most or the train station you need.

Posted by
6502 posts

I liked this hotel near Hackescher Markt, clean, quiet, comfortable enough. Very convenient to the S-Bahn, a short walk to Museum Island, Alexanderplatz, and the Jewish Quarter. As noted above, sights in Berlin are fairly spread out, you want a place close to a U-Bahn and/or S-Bahn station.

Posted by
808 posts

I just did extensive research on reviews, price, amenities and location comparisons and came up with Casa Camper. They were very responsive to questions I had before booking.

Posted by
6308 posts

I will second Dick's recommendation for the Adina Apartment Hotel. Location was great, room was great and staff was pleasant and helpful. Easy access to public transportation, too. I would definitely stay here again.

Posted by
6308 posts

I should also second Ms. Jo's rec for the Motel One near the train station. I stayed at the Adina Apt. Hotel when I first got to Berlin for my one month stay, but then stayed at the Motel One for the last 2 nights when I returned. The location is excellent with a 2-3 minute walk from the station, it has very clean and modern rooms (not overly large but I never felt cramped), a helpful staff and if you sign up for their rewards program, you get free bottled water and one free breakfast. Very reasonably priced, also.

Posted by
139 posts

There isn't much of interest around Berlin Hbf - I would only stay in one of the hotels near the station if it was just an overnight stopover between train journeys.