Please sign in to post.

Berlin and Euro 2016

i will be in Berlin this weekend, if Germany makes it to the finals of Euro 2016, is there a fan zone in Berlin, like in other cities? Or does anyone have any recommendations where to go to watch the game, if they are in it.

Posted by
7049 posts

The final is on Sunday July 10th. There will be people in every bar watching (including some jumbo screens), whether Germany is in the final or not (obviously it will be more exciting if they are). You won't have trouble finding the fans - it's just a matter of where you can get a seat if you'd rather not stand. I saw one final in a small town and it was very festive - I wish I could offer advice about Berlin but I'm sure you can ask anyone on the ground and they'll lead the way.

I found this link just by googling:
http://www.visitberlin.de/en/event/07-10-2016/uefa-euro-2016-public-viewing

Posted by
2297 posts

Yes of course! There is the "Fanmeile" in front of the Brandenburg Gate and a few other sites. All the info is here
The link is for a German website but the addresses are pretty much self explanatory. Let me know if you need more help.

Posted by
12040 posts

I was in Berlin during the World Cup 2014. There were viewing areas at Alexanderplatz, in front of the Hauptbahnhof, and doubtless others that I didn't see. The viewing area at Brandenburger Tor was only set up for the semifinal and final games.