Please sign in to post.

Beer Halls

I don’t drink. Will I get strange reactions if I go to a beer hall and order food but not beer?

Posted by
3518 posts

No.

Beer halls usually serve a variety of non alcoholic drinks. And you can just go and sit and listen to the music and buy nothing if you really want.

Posted by
84 posts

Request apple juice, especially if you just want to be inside and absorb the ambiance without a meal. Their apple juice will be slightly fizzy and delicious! And just request to share any table, unless you are a horde of folks.

Posted by
2214 posts

Pure apple juice (German: Apfelsaft) is not fizzy.

You mean Apfelschorle (fizzy mineral water mixed with apple juice).

Posted by
7289 posts

You should expect to be seated at a common table, or at a booth with a group already seated. This is actually excellent for meeting the locals. Naturally, if they are drinking they may offer to buy you a round. They know just as many people who don't drink as you do. So they will buy you your beverage of choice.

Posted by
12 posts

That is completely fine, nobody there would judge - great vibe - but it's more fun with a glass of beer but I do often just have food as well and enjoy as much! so no problem there Julie!

Posted by
1289 posts

When we go to the local Zoiglstubn, she drinks coffee and mineral water. She does not like Bier! Works well for me as I like Bier and she is doing the driving home. Some people drink wine and some even drink bottled Bier not brewed in the local Communbräu. As long as everyone is having a good time and the Wirt is getting paid, nobody cares even in the slightest. Maybe a little fun joke on the side...