Please sign in to post.

Bacharach lodging?

So many cute places to stay.

I think I've narrowed it down to Pension Im Malerwinkel or Hotel Am Markt.

The ambiance outside Malerwinkel is so stinking cute, but the rooms don't look that amazing. Is it annoying to walk that far everywhere?

Am Markt has amazing rooms, but it's a little pricier. Not sure the family room is actually going to fit all four of us.

Two adults and two teenagers. Need parking. Want breakfast. No train noise would be nice.

Have any of you stayed there?

Posted by
2326 posts

I have good memories of the hotel "Malerwinkel". A romantic old house situated in a quiet valley, just outside the city walls. No problem with parking and train noise. A 10 min walk from the station.

Posted by
1479 posts

We stayed at the Malerwinkel. Very scenic and quiet. A stream runs under one corner of the building and we could hear it at night. There was parking behind it but we arrived by train so I can not comment. We liked the hotel but I can not remember much about the room. I do remember that the breakfast was good.

Bacharach is small. I am not sure where you might be walking in town that would be that far. We climbed up to the castle/hostel which took time but that would be true from any hotel in town. I also walked along the Rhein to a view of the Pfalz castle in the middle of the river, which I found a pleasant view but you can find parking there.

Posted by
2394 posts

I stay elsewhere but the im Malerwinkel looks nice and it is in a great location as its name implies ( painter corner ). The short distance between it and ‘downtown’ Bacharach along the little stream is very picturesque. As mentioned, the distance is only a few minues walk

Posted by
76 posts

I was torn between Pension Im Malerwinkel and the Krannenturm. We stayed at the Krannenturm and I was deeply disappointed both in my choice and my loss when we walked by the Malerwinkel. I remember the Hotel Am Markt being popular as we walked to the Kleines Brauhaus* but I was not jealous to stay there. I very much was jealous of the Malerwinkel from the outside. It's so romantic, quiet, cute, and peaceful.

*a MUST if you're there, arguably my best RS-type memories of flammkuchen and drinking and talking all night with locals