Please sign in to post.

Airport hotel in Frankfurt

Hello,
My sisters and I are looking for a hotel that is close to the Frankfurt airport.
We’re looking for one that is easy walking distance or one that has shuttle service.
We’ll us it coming and going.
Can anyone recommend one? Thank you!

Posted by
4710 posts

There is a Sheraton and Marriott Hotel actually IN the airport. It's all very convenient, you just walk to your gate.
Safe travels!

Edit- corrected to Sheraton

Posted by
8943 posts

I would just stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, the Hilton or the Marriott/Sheraton. There are not any hotels that are walking distance except those 3 that are located in the Squaire. If you are going to use a shuttle, you might as well stay in Frankfurt. The S-bahns can be more frequent than a shuttle and may cost the same.

Posted by
6548 posts

In May of last year we stayed at NH Frankfurt Airport. It was fine. It runs a free shuttle to/from the terminal.

Posted by
15018 posts

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the end of November. Very nice.

Short indoor walk to the main terminal.

Posted by
671 posts

I have stayed at the Sheraton and the Hilton Garden Inn that are at the airport/train station. Both are extremely convenient, clean and close to eating places at/near the train station. Within about a 10 minute walk you are inside Frankfurt airport.

Posted by
362 posts

We just stayed in the Hyatt Place Gateway Garden. One stop on the train from the airport. Right across the street from the train entrance. Very nice, quiet and comfortable

Posted by
1322 posts

Whatever you do, DONT book the Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport because it is NOT at the airport - it is about 11 kilometers from the airport. I made that mistake

Posted by
11 posts

Another vote for the Hilton Garden Inn right in the Frankfurt airport. We've stayed there 3 or 4 times. Very nice and convenient to the terminals. There is also a ReWe grocery just a short walk from the hotel for snacks or a sandwich.

Posted by
53 posts

Another vote for the Hilton Garden Inn. We stayed there last September and are staying there again this year the night before our flight home. There are restaurants near also.

Posted by
204 posts

Sheraton and Marriott Hotel actually IN the airport

Second vote for the Sheraton or Marriott. Covered walkway right into Terminal 1. I have stayed at both for over 30 years of business and leisure travel. Also, they are attached to the Regional DB station if you are arriving in Frankfurt area from another German city.

Hyatt Place Gateway Garden.

Now that I am retired and flying mosty out of Terminal 2, I stay the the Frankfurt Airport Moxy in Gateway Gardens, a relatively new office and hotel development at the airport. You will probably want a shuttle or taxi (both available--you pay), though you can walk directly to Terminal 2 in about 15 minutes or take the S-Bahn to Terminal 1. The Moxy will cost less than half the price of the Sheraton or Marriott. There are a half dozen other hotels, as many restaurants and a grocery store in Gateway Gardens.

Posted by
40 posts

Ouch, the Sheraton is about $650 USD a night for 3 people. The Hilton is not much less. We won't be staying at the airport, lol.

Posted by
8943 posts

There must be a trade fair going on. What are the dates you will be here? Rooms are not usually that expensive.

Posted by
8943 posts

The Auto-Mechanic Messe is in Frankfurt from 10-14 Sept. and rooms will be at a premium anywhere in or near Frankfurt, including a couple days before and perhaps after with the people who build and take down the Messe. This is one of the largest trade fairs in the city.

Posted by
204 posts

The Auto-Mechanic Messe is in Frankfurt from 10-14 Sept. and rooms
will be at a premium anywhere in or near Frankfurt

I have friends who have solved this challenge by staying in Wiesbaden. Any hotel on the S-Bahn line 8 or 9 will work. Or, if any of you have a "free night" reward from a hotel, credit card, etc. see if you can use it that night.

Posted by
277 posts

There are a bunch of hotels located near the "Gateway Gardens" S-Bahn stop,
which is, as noted, 1 stop from the airport stop, which is underneath the main
airport terminal kind of between Terminals 1 & 2.

In a pinch, one can walk from Gateway Gardens back to the airport as well.

Those hotels (Hyatt, Moxy, Hampton, Park Inn, Staycity, Meininger, Best Western)
are going to be much cheaper than the more convenient Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton,
and Hilton Garden Inn located walking distance from the terminals.

Posted by
99 posts

Just looked up on Booking.com room for 3 on Sept 15 is 264.00 no Breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn. Where are you looking.