Please sign in to post.

Air Conditioning

We will be in Munich Aug 30 to Sept 4. I note that not all hotels have Air Conditioning. Is that a bad thing for the time we are ther?

Posted by
8158 posts

You should look for a hotel with air conditioning. Who knows what the weather's like then? It could go either way, and there's no reason to be sorry.

Posted by
8947 posts

Chilly and rainy here right now, but I would still go for AC for end of Aug. Try Motel One, they have several locations and decent AC if you need it.

Posted by
6363 posts

If you go to https://www.booking.com, you can search for hotels with A/C for your specific dates. If you find something there, I would go to the hotel website and book directly, but it's a good way to do a quick search for what you are looking for.

Posted by
14530 posts

Very true on hotels not having AC, 3 star hotels included. In late June I checked into the Europäsischer Hof located opposite of Munich central station on Bayerstrasse and was informed that the hotel did not have AC, ie, they're asking if that's a problem. I told the woman that didn't matter.

Even before the potential guest talked to the Reception, an mistakeable sign could be seen at the Reception, "No AC"

You can still expect to be warm to hot at the end of August.