Please sign in to post.

3 Nights in Munich

We have decided to stay 3 nights in Munich. We will arrive arround 10:00 AM on April 4, 2024 and will depart on April 7, 2024 around 9:00 AM. We are 2 adult couples in early 60s. My main thing to do in Munich is go to Dachau Concentration Camp. We have reservations at a Marriott in Munich City Center. So we will hopefully be centrally located. What I am asking is what sites you have all loved. I have been to Munich before. It was a while ago. The couple we are with are newbies. We have all different tastes and willing to do most anything. I would like to get the most out of our time there with almost 3 days (and I know we will be tired) we should be able to see so much before getting the train to Prague to begin our journey with Amawaterways. So I appreciate any suggestions or thoughts. Like I said we are open to everything from walking tours, historic information, museums, food, food & food. And we are hoping to do this at an enjoyable pace. Many thanks for your help and input. Happy Holidays to all.

Posted by
1653 posts

My favourite sights in Munich were The Residenz and Nymphenburg.

The Residenz had some truly breathtaking rooms.

Nymphenburg had a beautiful room in the main palace--so lovely, I sat down and gazed at it for about 10 minutes. It also has 4 mini "palaces" scattered around the grounds. You know, in case one is out walking through one's yard and has a palace emergency.

I also enjoyed strolling through the Englischer Garden.

Posted by
755 posts

Munich was all about the Glockenspiel for me. I didn’t find the Residenz to be very impressive, and the Hofbrauhaus was fun if you want to have a beer in a lively setting. A day trip to the BMW-Welt and Museum was the highlight of our visit - next to watching the Glockenspiel about 50 times!