Please sign in to post.

220 Voltage Heating Pad

Read the old questions about heating pads in Europe from 6 yrs ago. We will be traveling to Germany this fall and know I will need to use heat on arthritic joints daily. Any recommendations for where to buy a heating pad for use during the trip. We will be visiting friends when we get there, I know they would help us once we are there. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
19052 posts

A heating pad is pure resistance heat, so if you could find oen with a 115V, 230V switch, it should work fine. However, I have never seen a dual voltage heating pad sold in the US. Rely on your fiends in Europe to find you one that works on their voltage.

Posted by
32515 posts

Heating pads are a common item in Europe, easily available including Germany. In fact at this very moment I am benefitting from one I bought in the Netherlands many years ago at Hema in Haarlem.

I am sure that your friends could source one before you arrive. If not, a visit to the main shopping street in their village or town should solve the problem. My one from Hema was very cheap, 3 temperatures, with a nice long cord.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you both for the comments. Makes more sense to purchase one after we arrive.

Posted by
9098 posts

Get one before you leave. Models for overseas voltage can be easily purchased from Amazon US:

http://tinyurl.com/k6anowc

Last October I was in Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, and Amsterdam. A person I was traveling with needed one, went to over twenty health/beauty stores and pharmacies, nobody sold them. Some staff told me it's something mostly sold online these days.

Posted by
368 posts

I have used the thermal care patches. If you need heat you put one on and they stay hot for about two hours. I used them for my back and shoulder. The nice thing is you can put one on and then go out and about. I got mine at CVS but you can get them anywhere. I think they come three to a box.

While not the cheapest alternative, I like them better than a heating pad when I travel. I use heating pads at home.

Posted by
108 posts

You could also order one from Amazon.de and have it delivered to your friends' house. If you order it a week before you arrive, it will likely be there upon arrival.