Please sign in to post.

2021 Trips

when will the 2021 trips be open to sign up.

Posted by
135 posts

Generally they show up in July/August....but this is an unusual time...

Posted by
6291 posts

I will add that as soon as the 2021 tours are announced, I'm grabbing a calendar and booking a tour. I'm hoping to more or less recreate the trip we had planned for this year, which included about 4 or 5 days in Rome, followed by the RS Best of South Italy tour, followed by about 5 days in Siena and 4 or 5 days in Bologna. I'd like to spend another few days, maybe in Lucca or Ravenna, but that much time is hard to carve out.

Posted by
62 posts

Is it very pessimistic for me to think that even in 2021 only essential business trips will be allowed from the US? By the way if you are going on a business trip make sure to deduct it from tax! Even if it is a mixed trip it is still worth deducting your business expenses you´d be surprised what you save. https://www.erfolg-als-freiberufler.de/steuer-gemischt-privat-und-geschaeftliche-reise/ heres a german page describing how to do it. good to brush up on dein Deutsch bevor die Reise haha

Posted by
8440 posts

Just a guess, but I think the 2021 tour sign-up process will be different since there are so many unknowns. RSE is undoubtedly going to have to reaffirm all their countless business relationships with hotels, guides, restaurants, transportation, etc., before committing to a tour, and they likely are wanting to avoid another round of refunds. What I hope they do, is ask for people to sign up earlier and with alternative dates, without deposits as a way to indicate the level of interest, so they can scrub tours if they need to limit the number of tours they run (if any).