Please sign in to post.

hostels in Berlin

I plan to be in Berlin last week in May and lst week of June. My first trip. I have stayed in hostels in Italy and had wonderful experiences. Now on to Berlin. I would like hostel in Berlin near railroad station Any suggestions. . Any negative information about taking the train from Tegel airport to Berlin?

Posted by
26 posts

There is no direct train to/from Tegel. You can get an Airport Express Bus that will connect you with Zoo, HBF and Alexanderplatz U-bahns. Or you can get "regular" buses that connect you with lots of U-bahn and S-bahn stations depending on where you choose to stay. We did not have any negative transport (or other) experiences during our stay in Berlin.

Posted by
14580 posts

Hi,

Exactly, there is a hostel two mins from Berlin Hbf. That's the Meininger Hostel/Hotel. Exit on Invalidenstrasse, turn right, you'll see it. From Tegel to Berlin Hbf (central station) there is the bus TXL. Next to Bahnhof Zoo is the A&O hostel, but I doubt you would use Bahnhof Zoo.

Near Berlin Alexanderplatz station, a major junction point, are hostels, if you want to stay more in the east.