Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotel Recommendations

We are staying 2 nights, 3 women…looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable, mid-range. Any recommendations?

Posted by
1203 posts

I just came back from a 14 day Best of Europe tour and we stayed at the Hotel Blauer Bock. It was very clean, very nice, excellent location in the center of Munich. I highly recommend it and would stay here again. Breakfast was excellent and the hotel was lovely. Don't know about the rates, but you can walk every where and you will enjoy staying here. Let me know if you liked the hotel, should you decide to stay there. It really is a great hotel.

Hotel Blauer Bock

Sebastiansplatz 9
Munich, 80331

GERMANY

Tel: 011 49 89 23 17 80

Fax: 011 49 89 23 17 8200

E-mail: info@hotelblauerbock.de

Web: www.hotelblauerbock.de

Posted by
419 posts

My favorite hotel in Munich is the Eden Wolf (Eden Hotel Wolff) on the Arnulfstrasse. Comfortable rooms, very good breakfast buffet, excellent restaurant for lunch and/or dinner, cozy bar with big wood-burning fireplace.
The hotel is directly across from the Hauptbahnhof which has interesting shops and is within walking distance of the MarienPlatz. Many people are fearful of the area near the railroad station, but I have never been nervous or apprehensive there and I am a woman, over 70, who travels alone.

Posted by
828 posts

I second the recommendation of Hotel Blauer Bock.

Posted by
245 posts

Thanks Ann, Joan, Mary — I'll check these out! Much appreciate.

Posted by
485 posts

We've stayed at two hotels near the Marienplatz: The Platzl Hotel is wonderful but a bit pricey; it's less than a 5 min walk to the Marienplatz. We just stayed in April at the Hotel am Viktualienmarkt and although it wasn't as nice as the Platzl, it was good. The walk is a little further but not bad. Breakfast at both locations was awesome.

Edited to add that we're not fond of staying near the Hauptbahnhof. On one trip we stayed in a hotel near the station and had to walk passed sex shops and the like on our way to the station. This won't bother some but it did bother us with kids.

Posted by
115 posts

We're considering booking:
Hotel Bayer´s
Bayerstr.13
Ludwigvorstadt – Isarvorstadt
München, 80335, Germany

The location seems decent for arrival at Muenchen HBF in time to spend a single day in Munich with a morning departure to Flughafen Munchen (Munich Airport) via the S-Bahn.

Anyone ever stayed there?

Posted by
211 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Eder a couple of weeks ago. It is close to the Hauptbahnhof, and easy walking distance to Marianplatz. The room was clean and they had a good breakfast buffet.

Posted by
12040 posts

Hotel am Opera. You're paying more for the location than the quality of the hotel... the quality is just fine, but you wouldn't pay this much for a similar hotel outside of the historic core.

Posted by
380 posts

We have been staying at the Hotel Europaischer Hof for the past 6 years and love it. It is directly across from the HBF, great prices (especially if you can book far enough in advance), great staff, excellent breakfast and clean rooms. I've never felt uncomfortable in the area as some people are and its an easy walk to Marienplatz. They were remodeling rooms at the beginning of the year but it was never a problem for us. If you are sensitive to noise at night, ask for a room facing the courtyard. www.heh.de

Posted by
8938 posts

Not sure if you want to share a room or not. Personally, I would rather find a lower budget hotel and each person have their own room. If that is the case, then I would suggest Motel One. They are my favorite chain hotel in Germany. Clean, nice decor, great beds and great showers and they usually cost between 59-75 € per night. Several locations in Munich.
http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/muenchen/

Posted by
328 posts

Agree with Ms. Jo's recommendation of Motel One. It's where we always stay when we go. The Sendlinger Tor hotel is closest to Marienplatz and the old centre. The Deutsches Museum hotel is the next closest (about 10 min walk). We've stayed at both and been happy. It's a more modern style hotel and the rooms are small but the prices are really good. You do have to pay more for breakfast but we think it is worth the cost. Both are close to S-Bahn/U-Bahn underground stops.