Please sign in to post.

Berlin in 1 day?

My husband and I are flying from Nice to America but we have a 19 hour stopover in Berlin. We are looking for something to do during this stopover so we aren't stuck in the airport all day/night. Because our trip is mainly focused on France, we haven't researched anything in Berlin. We are arriving around about 3pm on a Monday. We are thinking of a bike tour around Berlin to see all the highlighted sights but aren't sure if this is something we could easily do. Fat tire offers a 4:00pm all-in-one-city bike tour.
Our questions:
1. Has anyone used Fat tire for the tour, was it a good experience?
2. Is it possible to get from the Berlin airport to the tour departure point in 60 minutes?
3. Are there any other activities that anyone can suggest in place of this or for our to do while in Berlin?

Thanks, Marcia

Posted by
5 posts

Also, we have read several of the forum posts, but didn't see anything on Fat Tire as a company.

Posted by
8938 posts

They get great reviews on Trip Advisor. Have you checked for any other afternoon or evening tours? Maybe a Segway tour, or one of the boat tours?

When you say around 1500, do you mean before or after? You will need to do something with your luggage too.

Posted by
11294 posts

A taxi from Tegel Airport to Berlin is fast (about 20 minutes, unless you get stuck in traffic). It's also not too expensive (under €30). On a short visit like yours, I'd do that rather than mess with public transportation.

There are walking tours, but I don't know if any of them start late enough for your arrival day. You could certainly take one the next morning. Here's the website for Original Berlin Walks, so you can check: http://www.berlinwalks.de/public/

Posted by
14499 posts

Hi,

Where are you meeting for the bike tour or the Fat Tire tour? I don't take these tours but can tell you where one of the staring points for these tours are. Both the bike tour and Fat Tire start at Bahnhof Zoologischer Gardens (Bahnhof Zoo). Is that your starting point? If so, you can get from the airport (Berlin Tegel) to Bahnhof Zoo on the bus X9 direct. If you are meeting at Berlin Hauptbahnhof (central station), then take the TXL bus from Tegel.

As for storing the luggage while doing the tour, Bahnhof Zoo has coin lockers as does Berlin Hbf. The left luggage facility is available too at Hbf. Look for the Gepäck Center sign near the WC facilities.