Please sign in to post.

Bed and Breakfast in Bacharach, Germany Review

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Ferienwohnungen Kachel, a bed and breakfast in Bacharach, Germany (Rhine River Valley) this past June. Our lovely hosts Ingrid (speaks perfect English) and Helmut (speaks not so perfect English but very cordial) Kachel welcomed us like family. We had a spacious room on the third floor (no elevator but stairs are not narrow, steep, nor hard to navigate) with a very comfortable king size bed. The private bathroom had a toilet, sink, and a good size walk in stall shower (it was not one of those tiny showers where you are unable to turn around) and there was plenty of hot water and a powerful spray. Breakfasts served in their dining room were hearty and offered a wide variety of foods that included fresh fruits, breads and homemade jams and eggs and bacon/ham cooked to order. They have a lovely garden, but unfortunately it was raining while we were there and we could only enjoy it from our windows. There is free parking across the street and if you don't have a car, they will pick you up at the train station or boat dock (free) and from the airport (small fee). Their home is located about 1 km (15 -20 minute walk) to all the restaurants and shops in town center. The plus side is that it is very quiet especially at night - no traffic or train noises to worry about. Every day they helped us with our itinerary, so that we made the most of our time there. They also have 3 other apartments (all exceptionally nice - we took a look) that would accommodate families or groups who want more space and cooking facilities. In fact, had we known about their apartments, we would have opted to stay in one of them. We got the impression that their guests tend to be German or other Europeans, but they would love the opportunity to host more Americans. They are listed with AirBnb and Homeway. They have great reviews on both sites. They are also on Facebook, Google, and Linkedin. Their name is: Ferienwohnungen Kachel. Website: www.fewo-kachel.de and email: fewo-kachel.de. If you want more information or have questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Posted by
7029 posts

Does this place have a name? I've never seen a review on here without the name of the place being reviewed.

Posted by
138 posts

Oops, you are right Nancy. My bad. Corrected my post with the missing info. This was probably my first attempt to write a hotel review. I also originally posted it under My Trips and then realized it should have been under hotel reviews. I am learning....

Posted by
8141 posts

I've stayed there three times. Bacharach is a great place to spend the night, but it's not really a destination. And the bed and breakfasts are great there. Bavaria Ben especially covers them well on his website bensbauernhof.com