Please sign in to post.

Munich restaurant

My family will be in Munich for 1 night this summer. We’d like to see the city a bit. Any restaurant recommendations in downtown? Traveling with a 13 year old.

Posted by
7514 posts

Not right downtown, but near the train station, I would head to the Augustiner Keller restaurant and beer garden just north of the train station on Arnulfstrasse. Big beer garden plus several dining rooms from a big hall to the cellars. Very old nice German settings, Beer Garden is hopping, you could have a nice meal inside, then relax in the beer garden before or after. If I had one evening in Munich, that's where I would go. Though, worth mentioning, if I had a morning, I would head to the Schneider Brauhaus on Tal, and have the Bavarian breakfast of champions of a pot of Weisswursts, Pretzels, and Weissbier. They have other breakfast options, but why bother.

Posted by
3822 posts

I agree with Paul. We had a very nice evening there. We were speaking English and a nice couple near us, locals, asked if we could converse. He wanted to practice his English and had just been to the US (Texas) on business. We had a lovely time.

Posted by
3240 posts

I have to say that everywhere we ate in Munich was wonderful. We ate at a different Augustiner beer hall that was also great. Our waitress did cop a bit of an attitude because we only shared a cheese plate to go with our beers.

My favorite eating/drinking place in Munich was Spatenhaus - across from the Opera house and close to the Residenz.

https://www.kuffler.de/de/restaurant/spatenhaus/?fbclid=IwAR2UTdA4mZX8-baZkcY02_oZBBz4Hc1T12cUFTkZSjqzkzHb55Yd3mP_cR0

Posted by
61 posts

Augustiner Kolstrgarden is where we went after the Castle tour. Best sausages and kraut I ever had. We got the variety plate. It's near the Onion Dome Church in old town.

And they have Augustiner Draft Beer.

Hope you check it out.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
4 posts

I agree with Augustiner Keller, you can catch a tram just down the street that will bring you to or from the downtown area in a few minutes.