Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg hotel

Ok I know it's not Germany - but going on GAS tour in may and flying into Luxembourg the night before the tour starts in Trier the next day. Any recommedations for a hotel, restaurant and ideas for what to do? Also which is preferred - bus or train to Trier?

Posted by
8367 posts

We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson and were quite pleased. It is just a two block walk to the train station. The bus station is located directly next to the train station. The area was quite safe and a major walkway for commuters.
https://www.parkinn.com/hotel-luxembourg?facilitator=CSOSEO

The hotel was clean, quiet, modern and the staff very welcoming. Do be aware that the only entrance at street level is an elevator which then takes you up to reception. If you are looking for a traditional front door, you will miss it.

The casements make for an interesting walk and I was pleasantly surprised by the American Cemetery. You can access the cemetery by taking a local bus and a short walk. There are many restaurants and bakeries scattered throughout downtown.

Posted by
14978 posts

I've stayed at the Hotel Simoncini and enjoyed it.

It's in the heart of town and walkable to most center city sights. The building is shared with an art gallery next door and both are owned by the same person. The art is also displayed throughout the hotel.

My room was clean and big compared to most European hotels. The breakfast was also very nice.

The Luxembourg airport is not very big and it didn't take too long to go through passport control. I found it easiest just to take a taxi to my hotel. It was't too expensive and probably the fastest way.

Posted by
332 posts

We did that same trip in 2013. We flew into Frankfurt, took a short flight to Luxembourge City, and caught the city bus into downtown. The bus station is right outside the airport. We stayed at the Hotel Carlton which is centrally located to the train station and the scenic Grund. The train to Trier runs about every hour (it's a commuter train). I only wish we would planned to stay longer and explore more. Have a great trip!
http://carlton.hotels-in-luxembourg.com/