Please sign in to post.

Hotel am Markt, Munich

Stayed here last week & though I rarely post comments this hotel warrants comments. First, location is excellent. Rooms, though old are clean & comfortable. No complaints there. If you need quiet rooms this is not the hotel. Noise from the market, even with windows closed, is loud & goes on to all hours of the night. Walls are paper thin & our neighbors all 3 nights were VERY noisy. The front desk staff are indifferent to requests or complaints. This was the real downfall as whether it was about checking in or noise at 2 am staff really could care less. Not a cultural difference but lack of service. Decide for yourself but I would not choose this hotel again,.

Posted by
25 posts

I agree that this is NOT the location for any kind of peace and quiet.

We were there when it was HOT and had to sleep with the windows open. I agree that the noise from the market, trash trucks, church bells, singing from bars was substantial. I travel with earplugs so the noise would not override the fun of being absolutely in the middle of the mayhem.

We found the hotel clean and comfortable and the location a hoot and would gladly return with earplugs in hand. Our room had a little balcony that hung off the front of the property over the bar/restaurant below.

Posted by
6 posts

I stayed there just this week. If you are coming for the Christmas market, the location is right around the corner. And very easy to get to from the airport via S-bahn. At this time of year, noise from revelers is minimal. The rooms are small, and the walls are paper thin, but the bath is nice and super clean.