We spent 9 nights 8/25-9/3 at their Centro apartment. The apartment is located at 46 Leipziger Strasse. The owner (Stefan) was easy to communicate with during the booking process. He met us at the apartment when we arrived, explained how everything worked, gave us a map and explained the nearest transit and tourist attractions. We only spoke to him once after that to schedule linen delivery and that went well.
- We loved the apartments location! It's in walking distance to almost EVERYTHING we wanted to see! It's a 5 min walk to the beautiful Gendarmenmarkt, 200m to Checkpoint Charlie and Topography of Terror, walking distance to The Jewish Museum, Museum Island, Reichstag, Alexanderplatz, Potsdamer Platz. The transport options that we used to get further afield were bus M48 and the Ubahns U2 Spitellmarkt and U6 Stadmitte.
- There are lots of shopping options nearby: a very good bakery 50m away, a LIDL supermarket also 50m away, a Kaisers supermarket 2 short blocks away at Friedrichstrasse, and then there's the more expensive Gallery Lafayette 3-4 blocks away.
- The apartment was very clean and had everything we needed. It was exactly as pictured in the website. There is a concierge in the building but we only saw her once. The public areas of the building were very well maintained. It was very quiet while we were there at night. Although on Saturday morning, there was a lot noise from the kids on the floor below. But, this was after 9am when we'd already woken up. The bed was comfortable although one part of the mattress was a little too soft for my liking. The shower had very good water pressure. All the appliances were new. We used the oven, stovetop and washing machine and had no problems.
- There are lots of dining options near the apartment. A lot of them are expensive but we managed to find good moderately priced restaurants. And also splurged a couple of times.
- The kitchen was not as well equipped as we'd have liked. Granted, we weren't going to be making 4 course meals there but we thought the pans and utensils could have been of a higher quality. There were no mugs so I'd recommend carrying your own mug (or buying a souvenir one like we did). I know that's a real minor complaint but it does get annoying having to refill those tiny 2 sip teacups. There was no microwave which was ok except for the one time we wanted to reheat leftovers. Some things just don't reheat well on the stovetop or oven.
We were very happy with this apartment. We thought the price and location were fantastic and would definitely recommend it to friends or stay there again if in the area.