Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rothenburg

Any recommendations for hotels in Rothenburg

Posted by
195 posts

We just returned from Germany and Rothenburg was one of our favorite places....you will love it!! We stayed at the Hotel Spitzweg and were delighted with the accomodations, the breakfast, and the friendly Herr Hocher. The rooms are charming, the hotel is in a wonderful location, the breakfast was great, and large. In fact, we voted the Spitzweg our favorite hotel of a 5 week trip!! The only possible drawback is that there is no lift......no problem for us, but may be a consideration. The rooms are decorated with hand painted furniture which added greatly to the charm!!!

Posted by
3836 posts

In 2012 we stayed at the Altfrankische Weinstube, a RS recommendation and had a wonderful two nights. it is a small B&B in a great location. We parked our car for free and breakfast was included. Very nice, English speaking staff. You will love the town and DO NOT miss the Nightwatchman tour.

It is worth every euro! Have fun.

Posted by
987 posts

I really enjoyed Hotel Cafe Uhl. It is inside the wall, but right on the edge. It was a really close walk to everything, but also quiet in our room. Our room had a view out to the fields outside the wall. The room was clean and cute. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great. The hotel us actually over a bakery.

Posted by
7209 posts

Castle Colmberg - about a 15 minute drive from Rothenburg. Of course if that's only if you actually want to stay in a Medieval Castle.

www.burg-colmberg.de

Posted by
10218 posts

We also enjoyed staying at Hotel Cafe Uhl.

Posted by
797 posts

We have stayed at the Alt Fraenkishe Weinstube and it was just fantastic. The rooms are quaint raised to a power and the restaurant is likewise rustic. While we have not stayed at the Cafe Uhl, I'm sure the accommodations are quite nice, just not t trip back 600 years in time. For us a trip to Rothenburg is not complete until we have stopped for cake and coffee at the Uhl.

Posted by
28 posts

We just returned from Europe and stayed at Hotel Spitzweg. The room was nice and Herr Hocher is very hospitable. The only drawback is that there is no elevator and our second floor room was somewhat of a challenge for my wife especially on the spiral staircase. It was warm while we were there and the room was a little stuffy as a result. The hotel is in a great location inside the city wall and there was excellent parking behind the hotel.

Posted by
1 posts

We tried to get into Pension Fuchsmuhle, which is on the list, but it was full. The owner was very helpful and called the place down the road, Pension Herrenmuhle. We had a whole apartment, with bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bath for 65 euros a night. The food was good, too. We had to pay cash, which was the only down side. I would not recommend either place for people who do not have a car, however. It is a very steep walk to Rothenberg. We drove to the city parking lot.

Posted by
3 posts

I just spent two nights at the Burghotel and loved the location. It's part of the fortress wall and away from the tourist shops and restaurants. The rooms are big, the bed is very comfortable and the hotel is quiet for a good rest. The staff is very nice and the breakfast is big with lots of choices. I'm not sure why this hotel isn't listed in Rick's book. Trip Advisor users gave this hotel an excellent rating. I stayed in seven hotels over two weeks while in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and this was my favorite hotel.

Posted by
343 posts

We stayed at the Burghotel last fall and it was our favorite hotel of our two week trip. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the people were so nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
1 posts

We 4 were 3 weeks in Germany and spent 2 nights in Rothenburg o. T. at the Kreuzerhof Hotel Garni and loved it there. Excellent breakfast, friendly helpful staff, great value, clean spacious rooms in quiet area of town, free WiFi. Though I speak another language besides English, unfortunately it is not German, but Walter the owner is fluent in English and put us at ease. Strongly recommended.