Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Berlin

Hi everyone,
My husband and I will visit Berlin in late July. We will stay there for five to six days. Any suggestions on a hotel centrally located and reasonably priced are very much appreciated.

Posted by
672 posts

I've been to Berlin twice in the 10 months. The first time (vacation), we stayed at the Berlin Marriott using points from our Marriott Rewards account. The hotel is truly outstanding and is located near Potsdamer Platz. Without points, it's admittedly quite pricey. I realize that you are probably looking for something less expensive, but I mentioned it in the event that you belong to any of the hotel chains customer rewards programs (if you do, definitely look at their properties in Berlin; it can save you 100s of Euros). Last month (on business), I led a group on a study tour and we stayed in a much more modest hotel (the Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz; located on Anhalter Strasse, the street behind the 'Topography of Terror'). The Ibis chain is pretty bare bones (room and amenity-wise) but every one I have stayed in has been extremely clean and had a good buffet breakfast. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent - easy walking distance to many of the sites in Mitte.

Posted by
8 posts

Have visited Berlin 3 times in the past 2 years. Stayed at 3 different hotels. Enjoyed the RS-recommended Myers hotel, but found the Arcotel John F to be more conveniently located (near Unter den Linden, within easy walking distance to many sites and just off of Bus 100's route). By the way, check out the Berlin Welcome Card. Have purchased one each trip and found it to be well worth the money assuming you will use public transportation.

• List item
Posted by
63 posts

Hi Emma, Pension Peters is a great place to stay in Berlin. The price is very reasonable, the location is ideal (close to Berlin's excellent public transport system), the staff is welcoming, and the breakfasts are fantastic. I highly recommend it. Enjoy Berlin!

Posted by
35 posts

Thank you very much, everyone. Sorry for such a late reply. I made reservations with Pension Peters.:) We are excited and look forward to the first trip to Berlin.